1. So you think Mexican’s are poor eh? Think again. Carlos Slim Heu from Mexico is the second richest person. His net worth is $60 billion. He is a son of Lebanese immigrant. He started to make money when in 1990 he bought the fixed-line operator Telefonos de Mexico (Telmex) in a privatization. One of the wealthiest person in the world living in a poor country; is that an irony or what.
2. William H. Gates III: Now here is your favorite. Bill Gates net worth hasn’t really increased much and doesn’t seem like it would – it is still $54 billion. He dropped out of Harvard university 13 years ago to start the Microsoft company that creates software and applications for computers. It is a well known fact that he lives a philanthropic life and most of his time are spent on charities rather than the work that really involves making money for himself. He seems content with his wealth, but not with his charity work. Even after donating most of his money on his and his wife’s foundation, he has been rearranged as a new richest man in the world, once again.
3. Warren Edward Buffett is now officially the second richest person in the world. Most people wouldn’t have guessed he would be the most richest person – because he have donated billions of money to charities. But seems like the old cliche says – you do good, good things happen to you. His net worth is $42 billion, a slight drop from what it was a year ago; that’s because like Bill Gates he is into philanthropy as well. It is said that he will give 99% of his wealth to charities. And, not to mention, he is also the America’s most beloved investor. His father was a Nebraska politician. As a young boy, he delivered newspapers and filed his first tax return at age 13 – and he claimed $35 deduction for the bicycle he bought. His company Berkshire Hathaway’s shares has increased 25% since the middle of last July.
4. Lakshmi Mittal is Indian, but lives in UK. He has $45 billion. He is the head of world’s largest steelmaker, ArcelorMittal, which accounts for 10% of all crude steel production. It just delivered 580 tons to be used in construction of the World Trade Center memorial in New York. With a 44% stake, he is the company’s largest shareholder.
5. Mukesh Ambani is the Asia’s richest person. He is Indian and the head of petrochemicals giant Reliance Industries, India’s most valuable company by market cap. His fortune is up $22.9 billion since last year, making him the world’s second-biggest gainer in terms of dollars. His current net worth is $43 billion. Mukesh is using some of his money to build a 27-story home. Forbes list continue to list many NRIs, rich people from India living overseas, on their top list of richest people in the world.